March 12, 2008

30 Days Using Aperture 2 (Day 9)

Day 9
I'm starting to feel like a monkey using Aperture 2. It's probably me, I'm just getting overwhelmed with everything Aperture can do. The learning curve seems quite steep. The tutorials show 2 different screen modes and I can't seem to get to the one I like. I might be too familiar with Adobe products and the Aperture 2 interface is a bit different from what Adobe offers. I think a bit more time using Aperture should get me more comfortable.

Today I watched all the tutorials under the "Compare and Select" heading on Apples website. I'm trying to get to the point where I start "getting" Aperture 2, but I'm not there yet. I'm seriously thinking of joining Aperture Users Professional Network just to understand the program. But, I'm holding off until I decide Aperture 2 is worth the purchase and I decide to commit to it.

In the mean time here is an image I worked on that I took with my Canon G9 while out ski touring behind Whistler Mountain. I'm didn't want to make too many adjustments before I really get to know the software. You can see the adjustments I did make on the left side of the images.

Any input, advice or comments are appreciated.

Master

Adjusted

No comments: